.

AND OTHER STUFF!

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Self Selected Genre Bingo




I try to encourage my students to try different genres in their reading  . . . this Self-Selected Genre Bingo game has been a good motivator. Clearly, the idea is to get kids to complete a bingo by reading the books in different rows, columns and diagonals.  

In our 4th and 5th grade we have an economy where students can earn pretend money to be later used for purchasing items at "Town". An incentive (Other than to get a "bigger brain"!) from me is that for each bingo they complete, I will give them $500 (Town Dollars). That is a lot of Town money, so kids often jump at the chance to earn it.  I call that SNEAKY TEACHING! 

As you can probably tell, I used Comic Life to create the files. For more info on Comic Life, see my previous post. 

Click on the images above if you would like to download the files.  The link will take you to my Teachers Pay Teachers site. 

No comments:

Post a Comment